Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Three Fun Things to Do in Boston




Hi Loves!


I am finally getting into the swing of summer which means my poor blog here won't be so neglected anymore. I apologize.

Today I'm sharing three fun things to do in Boston in the summer- all of which I've done in the last few weeks. Maybe they'll give you some ideas? Let me know! :)

Number 1: The Obligatory Boston Date


Since M moved here, I've wanted to take him to Fenway. Even though he's a Yankees fan (it's a point of contention in our relationship) he wanted to see the park. Fenway is such a huge part of Boston. It's one of the oldest parks and I absolutely love it. I'm not a huge baseball gal, but something about Fenway always gets me into the spirit. You can also get tickets relatively cheap-I don't think there is a bad seat in the park!

If you go make sure to: try a fenway frank hotdog, participate in the wave and scout out which player has the hottest bum (I mean...)

Number 2: My Fantasy Come True 



I'm cupcake obsessed. Cupcake Wars? Georgetown Cupcake? Yup, I've watched them all. So, when I happened to pass by Georgetown cupcake the other day of Newbury Street, I couldn't help but try one. It was delicious. I will definitely be returning. 

Walking down Newbury Street is a great activity because there are so many shops- everything from Gucci to H & M. It's great for people watching as well (because let's admit-I'm a creeper who enjoys people watching-don't we all?)

Number 3: Who Knew Donating Could be So Yummy


Boston is home to a lot of great charities, including the Jimmy Fund. The Jimmy Fund held an event this week called the Scooperbowl-aka you paid, went in and was able to eat unlimited ice cream from various vendors-aka my dream come true. It was delicious!!! What was even better was knowing all the calories I ingested were for a great cause.

Boston has a ton of nonprofits and charities-so if you visit, make sure to check out what events are going on- a lot of times they are super fun and delicious like this one!

So, there you go- three fun things to do in this beautiful city.

Ever visited Boston or live here? What are some of your favorite things to do?



Image Map


8 comments:

  1. Definitely didn't participate in the wave at Fenway, they were playing my team at the game my brother and I went to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! My husband and I are planning to visit Boston for our 2nd anniversary (in April - we're getting a little ahead of ourselves, but it's exciting!), and we're already on the lookout for fun stuff to do in the city. I'll definitely remember this list! :)

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me even more excited to move to Boston. Yay! I need to stop by that cupcake shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those all look so fun! I went to the Georgetown cupcake in DC for the first time last summer and they were the most delicious cupcakes I had ever had! Is y'all super busy? We had to wait in a really long line but it moved pretty fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! I'm sad I missed the Scooperbowl. I never went when I lived there years ago. Maybe next year. Blate at the Scoopebowl?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely want to visit Boston so thanks for posting about it. I love that you went to game when the Red Sox were playing against the Jays. Go Jays Go! (Not really. I'm only ashamed to be from Toronto since all our sports teams suck, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know if you follow G-town Cupcakes on Twitter, they tweet out a free cupcake code for the first 100 people each day, so you can score a free cupcake if you follow them on Twitter and go earlier in the day :) Glad you were finally able to check them out!

    -Kate (Bostononbudget.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to let you know if you follow G-town Cupcakes on Twitter, they tweet out a free cupcake code for the first 100 people each day, so you can score a free cupcake if you follow them on Twitter and go earlier in the day :) Glad you were finally able to check them out!

    Kate (BostononBudget.com)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment-I love to read them!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...