I've been thinking a lot about why I started this blog and what my goals are for it. When I started it about two months ago, I wanted it to be a place where I could write and share my voice. I think there is something so powerful and beautiful about letting your voice venture off into the world.
I also wanted it to be a place in which I could share my life and adventures. A place where I'm totally honest and comfortable in who I am. A place where I could write (I was desperately missing that outlet in my life). A place where I could encourage and maybe inspire others, as they do for me. So today (and in the future) I thought I'd post five honest things about myself.
1. I can be an anxious mess. Sometimes, I worry so much a day, that my head spins. I worry about silly things. I worry about serious things. But, I do not let this deter me from trying to live by a "live in the moment philosophy." Huck even bought me a "live in the moment" Alex and Ani bracelet. Sometimes I do well living in the moment and other times my brain jumps to hours in the future and tries to plan everything out. It's a work in progress.
2. I love to laugh. Sometimes, I even snort while laughing-I pretend that it's one of my most endearing qualities.
3. I read a lot of romance novels. I know there plots can be horrible and that I should be horrified by them as a feminist, but sometimes I need a break from all of the serious books I read for school. So I read trashy romance novels.
4. I'm not a perfect girlfriend. Sometimes, I demand too much from Mike without saying "please" or "thank you." Sometimes, I can act way too melodramatic. I've come to realize that every day is a day in which I can love him more and show my appreciation better than the last.
5. I was worried when I started this blog that no one would read it. That I would simply be writing to myself. Every time I receive a new follower or reader, I grin big smiles. I'm also trying to remind myself that it's okay that I don't have hundreds of followers yet, that that doesn't make my blog any less great. I started this blog to do what I love; writing. All of the rest will hopefully follow.
So, there it is, 5 new things about me.
How about you? What is something I don't know?
Linking up to The Owl's Skull & Just Because