Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

When there are no words...



A quote I love reads, "When there are no words...Know that the silences are carrying the thoughts and prayers of all who love you." I've always kept it on one of my walls to remind me of the importance of being present to people.

It wasn't until this week that I truly understood what the concept of no words meant. This past week the six year-old son of one of my dear friends passed away very unexpectedly. I had the immense blessing of babysitting him on many occasions over the past five years and he was the sweetest, kindest, most angelic boy I have ever met. At six years old he had a deep faith- an unassuming, innocent faith. The type of faith many of us spend lifetimes searching for.

When I heard the news I truly had no words. I still have no words. I have silence, shock and deep sadness. I have beautiful memories and so many prayers for his family and friends. This past weekend I attended the services and I have never witnessed such an outpouring of love. This little boy truly changed the world and he continues to do so through the many lives he touched in a relatively short time.

When there are no words and you are shocked by silence-all you can do is be present. Be present to your pain, be present to the pain of others. The only thing to do is to offer your heart up and all it is feeling to what you believe in. In my case, I continue to offer it to God every day and pray that she hears me and holds my and the hearts of all those grieving everywhere.

Because sometimes there are simply no words.


LB


6 comments:

  1. I am truly sorry for your loss, LB. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know (and I mean that!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. Sending thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh that is SO sad and so terrible. So sorry friend. Saying prayers for you and the family :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear this. It's always so shocking when a person or child leaves earth to be God. You're right though that quote is also one of my favorites...because sometimes in life there are simply no words. Prayers to his family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrible tragedy. I am so sorry for your loss and my heart aches for your friend. Keeping you & her and all that love this little one in my thoughts. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So tragic. :-( I'm so sorry for your loss and love what you said about being present even in silence.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment-I love to read them!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...