Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Monday Inspiration/ It's time to Simplify


Hi lovelies!

Sorry I'm a day late with my Monday inspiration post...I came down with a cold/flu type thing on Sunday and it has lingered and lingered. Aka I've missed school/work for two days and there's been a whole lot of watching cupcake wars in my rattiest pjs going on (attractive right?)

This time has led to some deep thinking about what I wanted this post to be about, though. Last week I was walking to school and trying to be a bit more mindful about it. You know when you get somewhere and cannot remember the drive or walking route you took? I hate that. It happens to me often and I always feel like I'm missing out on some pivotal moments of my day.

I've been trying to pay a bit more attention lately, and as I was walking the other day I passed by this perfect pink rose. What struck me about it was that it was all by itself-standing tall and strong without any other roses or flowers in sight.

I thought to myself..."I want to be like that rose."

You see, since this semester started I've been all over the place. I constantly feel like life is passing me by and I have no time to actually live it, but simply am going through the motions to get everything done. I've realized that I truly need to simplify things so I can feel like I'm actually living my life.

This rose reminded me of the importance of simplifying. I want to stand strong and not be constantly leaned over, tired from stress. I want to reach towards the sky with child-like abandon. 

I do not want to look at the calendar and wonder where another week disappeared.

So, where to start? I think I just did. I believe the first step is admitting how badly I need to simplify things. I am determined over the next couple of weeks to spend more time talking with M and not worrying about all the other things I should be doing, write at least one or two letters to loved ones, take a few walks around the reservoir and simply breathe, and cook cupcakes because their delicious.

Hold me to it, k?

How do you simplify?



2 comments:

  1. This is a great reminder. Time seems to be flying lately over here too - how in the world is it October?! Time to slow things done. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful thing for all of us to remember . Being different and standing tall even after every problem .
    Hope your flu thing will be better soon 😘

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment-I love to read them!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...