Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Perfect Gift



 Hi loves!

I hope you all had great weekends. The wedding in NC was amazing and I can't wait to share once I'm done editing pictures!

 I recently came accross this quote on pinterest. It's become a philosophy I've adopted since I started dating M. 

Whenever a major holiday comes around, I always ask M want he wants about ten thousand times. 

He always insists on not wanting things but rather having experiences. So this year for his birthday I took him to fenway for a red sox game. And that time we spent together was so much more fun than getting him a shirt or other material good.

I've come to love finding new experiences for us to give each other. For Christmas this year we are taking each other to disney and I'm so excited (probably  even more than the average five year old)

I find that simple experiences are just as good as big trips. It's all about enjoying the experience and living in the moment. 

 M has taught me that that's the best gift of all. 

What do you think?




3 comments:

  1. That quote is perfect and something B and I always remind each other of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that quote is awesome. I definitely agree but honestly have forgotten it. Sometimes it's hard to do that in a long distance relationship, since we're not always together for those special days (which I'm sure you understand!). But it's a great idea to have fun trips like that rather than just a gift in a box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely rather spend money on experiences instead of things- you get to share them together!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment-I love to read them!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...