Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

nightime blues

Hello loves!

I hope you all had good weekends! M and I visited his family by the shore and it was wonderful to be near the beach.

Every couple of months I go through what I consider to be a "stubborn zzzz" period aka I have a horrible time falling asleep. I lay there next to M who is asleep within two seconds (literally) and I stare at the ceiling.

It's beyond annoying and creates a lot of nightime anxiety for me. I become afraid I won't be able to sleep and no amount of Garnier eye cream will hide the dark circles.

 My tricks?

I try counting backwards from ten while taking deep breaths.

 M suggested I imagine the word sleep over and over again in different colors and font. That's been helping.

Any nightime tips?

Love,

LB

5 comments:

  1. I go through little spirts like that too. :( Try cutting out all technology an hour before bedtime. Do something calming like a bath, reading, or painting your nails. Oh, and make sure you aren't taking any naps during the day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so frustrating to be next to someone who falls asleep instantly while you're stuck staring at the ceiling! I can offer a tip that I've been doing since I was in high school, which is kind of similar to imagining the word "sleep", like you mentioned above. I try to mentally picture as many items as I can that are the color brown, one at a time, not moving on to the next item until I can clearly picture the item in my mind. I'm sure you could easily think of items of another color, but brown has always worked for me (tree branches, fallen leaves, a cup of coffee, my husband's eyes, an unwrapped Hershey's kiss, etc). I hope this (very lengthy) tip helps! :)

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the exact same time, and I get really cranky when I'm tired! I like to read until I can barely keep my eyes open any longer! Then I'm out as soon as I hit the pillow. I also like to play a little game on my phone to get tired. I've been playing Candy Crush recently!

    If it gets really bad I go to the kitchen, make some apple cider, and write. I don't do this often, but sometimes I just have to get up and leave my bed!

    Those seem to help me!
    xxLizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh goodness, i go through the same thing! i always breath in and say one, breath out and say two. for some reason it helps concentrating on my breath very slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading usually does the trick for me... unless it's a great book and I can't put it down. Then I end up getting zero sleep. ;)

    Oh, and peppermint tea!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment-I love to read them!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...